Friday, February 12, 2010

Be With You by Takuji Ichikawa

Be With You
by Takuji Ichikawa

Published: 2008
Genre: Romance, Graphic Novel
Paperback: 216 pages
Rating: 4

Description from the amazon:
When Takumi's wife suddenly returns from the grave, he can't believe his eyes. As he starts digging deeper and deeper into the mystery of her sudden reappearance, he discovers a secret that is somehow linked to the past...and the future. Is it possible to experience first love for a second time? Without question, the answer is yes!

My two-bits:
In-a-word: archivie

First off, I must mention that I read the original novel version of the same name awhile ago. When I saw this at the manga store I just had to get it to compare. While I will I give this manga a good review, it is based on knowing the novel version which is richer in details.

The basic storyline is here and portrayed well in manga style. I enjoyed it as much as the novel. This sweet little gem-of-a-book made me think of time travel, doppelgangers, clones, love and the afterlife. Interesting mix, eh?

* Enter Princess V's Valentine's giveaway to win this book.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu