Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mad Men s3.1

Mad Men Season 3, Episode 1
Out of Town
Sunday night on AMC

I decided to do a weekly segment about this tv series because I love it so.

Episode Synopsis from TV Guide:
In the third-season opener, Pete and Ken are among those affected by the corporate changes at the firm. Meanwhile, Sal accompanies Don on a business trip to Baltimore, where both men succumb to the powers of persuasive seduction.

Yesterday's article on The Star.com, Mad Men Shows How Far We Girls Have Come written by Antonia Zerbisias describes the show as I see it pretty well.

Excerpts:

When you think about it, Mad Men's devastatingly gorgeous Don Draper (Jon Hamm) is a vampire in a grey flannel suit, a fantasy lover who leaves women spent.

--So true. This week's episode had a stewardess shamelessly throwing herself at him. Hee-hee, he's such a vamp!

Make no mistake. Despite his philandering ways and his occasional brutish treatment of women – remember that sexual violation of Bobbie in the back of a dinner club? – Draper promises to be totally hip to what's coming.

He just doesn't know it yet.

--I'd say this is a major draw for me. There is just "something good" about Don that is bursting to come forth. And, I want to be there to see it happen. The snatches of his past are treats to watch because we get to learn more of what makes him tick.

My thoughts:

Don Draper - Noooooo! From last season's finale I thought you were done with your bad boy ways. However, I liked the way you handled Sal and his bellboy situation.

Betty Draper - Why are you so mean to your son?

Peggy Olson - Looking good and confidant! Oh yeah!

Joan Holloway - Still maintaining and doing great per usual.

Pete Campbell - Stop the whining.

Trudy Campbell - You're a trooper.


If you haven't already check out my Mad Men and Jane Austen mashup giveaway
offer ends September 19, 2009
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu