Monday, June 29, 2009

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
by Ally Carter

Genre: Espionage
Published: 2007
Paperback: 236 pages
Rating: 5

Inspiration: 2nd book in this fun spy series, also following along with the Gallagher Girl book discussion hosted by Cecilia

Description from author's site:
Cammie Morgan may have a genius IQ and attend the best school in the country, but as she starts the spring semester of her sophomore year there are a lot of things she doesn't know. Like will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble did she really get in last semester? And, most of all, exactly why is her mother acting so strangely?

All Cammie wants is a nice, normal semester, but she's about to learn her greatest lesson yet—that when you go to a school for spies, nothing is ever as it seems.

My thoughts:
In-a-word(s): Pop quiz
Don't be fooled by the cover. I've heard some people say they were not interested in this book series because it looked like a frou-frou kinda story. Not so. There is more to the girls than what you see. This book is more of the same spy fun and honeypotness as in book 1. I liked the character growth and scenarios the Gallagher Girls encounter. Definitely looking forward to book 3 for more.

Series:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover
book 4 - "Now, don't worry, I'm going to go get started rewriting GG4 (title and release date to be determined)." -Ally's blog

Ally is currently on tour for book 3. Check out her blog for pictures and juicy tidbits.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu