Friday, June 11, 2010

SteamPink: coach car - Octavia


Meet: Octavia Pye
Occupation: Airship Captain
Location: the sky
Main mode of transportation: HIMA Tesla - airship
Genre: Steampunk, Action, Romance, Time Travel

Teaser:
"Nothing wrong with an off-the-rack model, either. I bought a great Victorian frock coat that way, although I haven't had a chance to wear it to any steampunk events yet. don't have much in line of a costume, to be honest. You know, I have to say that your modded gun is awesome. I've tried my had at converting a couple of Nerf guns to something steampunk, but they never turn out. That looks really authentic. I particularly like the brass tubing. Can I see it?

"Sir!" I said, perhaps louder than was strictly polite, snatching back the Disruptor that he had managed to take from me, so baffled was I by his speech. I pointed the gun at his chest, and donned my most austere expression. "I am bound by the laws governing the Southampton Aerocorps to inform you that you are under arrest for unauthorized presence on a ship under contract for imperial business."

-interchange between Octavia and Jack, page 41 of ARC

Steamed
by Katie MacAlister
Romance steam gauge: medium
- my review

Description from the amazon:
When one of Jack Fletcher's nanoelectromechanical system experiments is jostled in his lab, the resulting explosion sends him into the world of his favorite novel-a seemingly Victorian-era world of steampower, aether guns, corsets, and goggles. A world where the lovely and intrepid Octavia Pye captains her airship straight into his heart...

*** steampunk book giveaway ***

Sign up on one of the SteamPink giveaways to own a copy of this book.

* image source silhouette

SteamPink schedule

=dev.car36=


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu