Saturday, October 24, 2009

Night and Night's Travelers by Banana Yoshimoto

Night and Night's Travelers
first novella from Asleep
by Banana Yoshimoto

Published: 1989
Translated: 2001
Hardback: 192 pages
Genre: Ghosts

Funny I should choose this in the second half of the read-a-thon. Ha! can barely laugh. Feeling tired. (yawn)

OK, snapping out of it. snap-snap. On to the review...

Banana's stories always have this charming surrealistic feel to them. This novella is no different. I love her style. Thus, I was not disappointed.

This tale dealt with love and death. A gentle sadness is felt throughout the story but by the end the characters start to heal.

An amusing bit about the narrator is that she goes on a shopping spree. She is a woman after my own heart. She blows her wad on books and cds!

Novellas in Asleep:
Night and Night's Travelers - my review
Love Songs - my review
Asleep - my review



*total pages read: 65


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu